Let the adventure begin! Fall asleep under the stars and wake up to an extraordinary view of Squaw Valley from 2,000 feet above the village. We are pleased to announce the addition of Wanderlands, a full-service festival campground at High Camp. Wanderlands will be open from Wednesday, July 17 at 5 pm to Sunday, July 20 at 11 am. The price is $200 flat for up to four nights, WED - SUN.
Reserve your campsite:
Wanderlands passes are sold per person, not by campsite. Please note that the campgrounds are closed to the public and you must have a wristband to enter. In addition, you must hold a Wanderlust Sage or Seeker credential to purchase Wanderlands passes.
Wanderlands is located at High Camp, high above Squaw Valley Resort. High Camp can only be accessed by aerial tram which departs from the base of the mountain. The tram (cable car) is included in your Wanderlands pass and will be available for extended hours for campers. Please note that the last cable car will depart from the village at 8 pm on Wednesday and Midnight on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. You must be packed up and out of the Campgrounds by 11 am on Sunday.
CABLE CAR HOURS:
Wednesday, 4 pm - 8 pm
Thursday, 7:15 am to 5:20 pm (6 pm last cable car down from High Camp) / Camper hours from 9:00 pm to midnight
Friday/Saturday: 7:15 am to midnight
Sunday, 7:15 am to 5:20 pm (6 pm last cable car down from High Camp)
You will pick up your Wanderlands pass at the Box Office (see hours below). The Camp Manager will be available to greet you at the campgrounds between 4 pm - 8 pm on Wednesday and 8 am – 12:30 am the following days. If you are unable to arrive between these hours, you can pick up your pass at the Village at Squaw Lobby in Building 5 (but please note that you will only be able to access the camgpround during cable car hours). Campsites are first come, first served.
BOX OFFICE HOURS
• Wednesday, 4 pm - 8 pm
• Thursday, 7 am - 7 pm
• Friday/Saturday, 7 am - 11 pm
• Indoor restrooms, sinks, and showers are available near the campground in the pool locker rooms.
• Complimentary continental breakfast and coffee at High Camp are included in your Wanderlands pass.
• Basic electricity will be available for cell phone charging.
• Paid lockers in the Village for day-time use.
• Single day camping passes are not available. You may camp for one day only - however, the cost is still the price of four days.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• No vehicles of any kind will have access to the campground.
• No campfires are allowed in the campground. No open flames, fire dancing, fireworks, candles, or charcoal grills. Propane or butane stoves can be used.
• No amplified sound.
• Do not feed the wildlife. No food or trash left outside at any time (your animal neighbors like to share)!
• No pets allowed in the campground.
• No illegal drugs, weapons, or glass containers.
• You may not sleep in your car at the accompanying parking lot.
• Use ONLY indoor/event bathrooms and biodegradable soap and cleaners.
• QUIET HOURS: 12 am - 8 am.
• While security will be on site at all times, the Festival assumes no responsibility for any loss or damages.
• Please leave Wanderlands as beautiful as you found it.
• You may still buy camping passes on site, provided we are not sold out.
• Come prepared for potential weather and possible low temperatures. Indoor/covered camping facilities will not be available unless there is an emergency.
• Wanderlust will accept cancellations up to 30 days pre-event for a $30 cancellation fee. Within 30 days of the event, there are no refunds.
Other Camping Options
There are many other campgrounds close to Squaw Valley. Here are the closest sites:
|4 mi||21 single family sites and 7 walk in tent sites. Water, restrooms, swimming & fishing on site. Located on Highway 89 on the Truckee River.|
|4 mi||25 sites. Water, restrooms, swimming & fishing on site. Located on Truckee River.|
|5 mi||25 sites. Water, restrooms, swimming & fishing on site. Located on Boca Reservoir.|
|6 mi||21 single family sites and 7 walk in tent sites. Water, restrooms, swimming & fishing on site. Located on Highway 89 on the Truckee River.|
|7 mi||13 sites. Trailers up to 30' & motor homes up to 57'. Water, restrooms, disposal, swimming & fishing.|
|8 mi||10 sites. RVs up to 15'. Restrooms & fishing.|
|8 mi||Water, restrooms, showers, full hookups, laundry & cable TV.|
|9 mi||75 sites. Water, restroms, disposal, swimming, boat ramp & fishing.|
|20 mi||56 sites. Full hookups, water, restrooms, spa, showers, disposal, fishing, laundry & general store.|
|20 mi||10 sites. Full hookups, disposal, water, showers, restrooms, laundry, cable TV, phone.|
|35 mi||157 sites. Trailers & motor homes up to 60'. Water, restrooms, showers, boat ramp, disposal, swimming & fishing.|
|35 mi||20 sites. Trailers & motor homes up to 60'. Full hookups, disposal, water, showers, restrooms & swimming. Located on East Shore.|
|35 mi||7 sites. Access by foot or boat only. Water restrooms, swimming, fishing, bear boxes & fire rings.|